Plenty of Zing and Just the Right Amount of Heat!
Kimchi, the fiery, spicy fermented cabbage so popular in Korean cuisine is quickly emerging as a part of the global food trend toward distinctive, punchy flavors that are penetrating mainstream menus. Kimchi’s flavor is complex and varies widely depending on the recipe. The main flavor notes you’ll find in Kimchi include sour, spicy, and umami. The American palate is embracing more umami flavor, and fermented foods dish up a generous serving of such mouthwatering goodness. Americans who are not ready to embrace the really hot chili pepper flavor of Korean-style Kimchi will be delighted with Gold Mine Organic Kimchi. It has just the right amount of “heat” for the American palate.
Fresh, Raw & Alive!!!
Gold Mine Organic Kimchi is a vegan, raw, naturally fermented version without the fish sauce, shrimp sauce, sugar and preservatives that are commonly found in commercial Kimchi. Not only high in fiber, low in fat, and rich in vitamins, it’s also loaded with lactobacillus Kimchi, healthy probiotic bacteria that aid digestion. It’s handmade in small batches and aged in ceramic crocks.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that since Gold Mine Kimchi is NOT pasteurized it will continue to ferment during shipping in hot, summer months. It is hand-packed with hand-screwed-on lids. It will tend to leak. We will package it well in a plastic bag to keep it from damaging other products in an order. We do not give credit for leaking jars
Nutrition Facts – Each serving (1/4 Cup) of Gold Mine Organic Kimchi Contains – Calories – 10; Sodium – 405mg (17%); Potassium – 83mg (2%); Total Carbohydrate – 3g (1%); Dietary Fibers – <1g (2%); Protein - 1g; Vitamin A - 20%; Vitamin C - 5%; Calcium - 2%; Iron - 3% ;
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet chart.
- KEY INGREDIENTS – Organic Napa Cabbage, Organic Carrot, Organic Scallion, Celtic Sea Salt Brand Sea Salt, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Organic Cayenne Pepper, Organic Chili Pepper
- PROMOTES EXCELLENT INTESTINAL HEALTH – Kimchi during fermentation creates Lactobacillus, commonly called as Healthy Bacteria or Probiotic Bacteria which keeps a healthy state of intestinal flora and helps in digestions & prevents constipation. This good bacterium also assists in weight loss by controlling the appetite and reducing the blood sugar levels.
- CULINARY USES – Kimchi is prepared and enjoyed in many varieties. It makes an excellent side dish or pre-meal appetizer. It can also be added to soups, stews or rice dishes. Kimchee serves deliciously well even as a topping on sandwiches or with pancakes.
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN – The United States of America (USA)
- RANKED HIGH BY AMERICAN HEALTH MAGAZINE – Kimchi possesses anti-mutagenic, anti-bacterial, and anti-carcinogenic properties. The American health magazine has ranked it among the world’s five healthiest foods. The wealth of strong antioxidants and healthy bacteria in Kimchi encourages the production of collagen which aids in improving skin elasticity, delaying skin aging, and promoting healthy and youthful skin. Lactobacillus bacteria present in it is valuable for yeast infections. It combats nut