The SAUERKROCK is a high-quality thick-walled ceramic fermentation crock pot, inspired by traditional European and Asian style fermenting crock design. Each “Original” size fermenting crock has a 5 Liter / 1.3 Gallon capacity, the ideal size for a small family of 2-4 people, and includes two heavy ceramic full coverage weights that will help keep your fermenting foods submerged in the brine throughout the fermentation process. The fermentation pot features an easy to use water seal that protects your fermenting foods from contamination while still allowing natural gases to escape from the vessel. Its food-safe glaze promotes flavor integrity and is so easy to clean. The SAUERKROCK is the perfect fermenting crock for pickling vegetables and making probiotic-rich fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, kefir, condiments and a whole lot more!
- Ferment food the traditional way with our water channel crock jar, lid and weights.
- 10 in. wide and 12 in. tall; Makes up to 10 standard size mason jars per batch.
- Fill the gutter with water to seal food from contaminants like dust and insects.
- Constructed of thick ceramic and finished with a lead and cadmium-free glaze.
- Make your favorite probiotic-rich foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles and more!