Easy to use fermentation jar
Designed for home use, the Kenley 5L (1.32 gallons) Fermentation Crock is easy to use and easy to care for. Intended as long-term storage for up to 3.5kg (8lb) of vegetables, it’s made of 100% natural materials. This ceramic fermentation jar has a food-safe coating which prevents oxidation and ensures that no liquid or vegetable matter is absorbed by the jar. It’s ideal for preserving foods without artificial additives and releasing the full flavor and benefits of the vegetables.
Make your own kimchi, sauerkraut and pickles
There are dozens of great recipes for fermented vegetables using flavors from around the world and the Kenley fermentation jar makes it easy to try them at home. Designed to maximize capacity while preventing decay, the crock has a burp lid which allows fermentation gases and moisture to escape while preventing air from entering. The weighting stones ensure that vegetables remain completely covered by brine throughout the fermentation process.
A great way to start pickling
Fermenting vegetables is an easy and fun project to try at home. It’s a traditional and eco-friendly way to store food for months using only a little salt and water. The Kenley 5L Fermentation Crock is designed to make fermentation easy so you get great results every time. As an example, the stoneware improves temperature stability inside the jar improving the taste and consistency of your pickle, kimchi or sauerkraut. The ceramic crock is sturdy but can crack if dropped or knocked over. For best results, follow a recipe and adjust to suit your preferences.
- CREATE YOUR OWN HEALTHY KIMCHI, SAUERKRAUT AND PICKLES: A fermentation jar is the natural way to create your own fermented vegetables, including pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi and more. The Kenley Fermentation Crock can hold up to 3.5kg (8lb) of vegetables. Preserve fresh vegetables in season and enjoy the flavors year round.
- EASY TO USE 1 GALLON FERMENTATION CROCK WITH LID & WEIGHTS: This 5L (1.32 gallons) fermentation jar has a burp lid and weighting stones. The lid lets fermentation gases escape while keeping air out, ensuring your vegetables are properly preserved and ready to eat. The weighting stones make it easy to keep all your vegetable matter under the brine.
- 100% NATURAL MATERIALS, HIGH-GRADE CERAMIC & FOOD-SAFE COATING: The Kenley Fermentation Crock is made of high-grade ceramic to ensure that the flavors you taste come only from your vegetables. A carefully designed, food-safe coating prevents oxidation and bad tastes sometimes associated with inferior quality crocks.
- NO PRESERVATIVES OR ARTIFICIAL ADDITIVES: Pickles last for years without any additives. From onions to beans, cabbage to beetroot there are great recipes to suit almost every crop and every palette. No artificial additives or preservatives are required. All you need to preserve your vegetables is a little salt water.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND CARE FOR: This ceramic crock is easy to clean and care for. It’s designed as long term storage for your vegetables. When it’s empty, clean out any stray vegetable matter then wash with your usual washing up liquid. Dry the crock fully and store it ready for your next pickling session!